Handy hacks and info to help you out over the next three weeks.
Check them out and spread the word!
Try as you might, there’s no way you’ll survive on a diet of caffeine. Save cash and time by freezing your leftovers as individual portions; then defrost as needed and zap them in one of five UQU microwave rooms. Open Monday - Friday, 7.00am - 7.00pm, closed Saturday & Sunday the microwave rooms are located:
- In the Union Complex past Guzman Y Gomez and the Main Course entrance
- Just inside the Holt Room, Union Complex (L3) next to the refectory seating area
- In the UQU 24/7 Student Space, Union Complex (L2) next to the Red Room
- Just outside Physiol (63A)
- Just outside the Sir James Foots Building
Discover the 24/7 Student Space
Study late into the night or early in the morning in the UQU 24/7 Student Space next to the Red Room, Union Complex (L2). More casual than a library the 24/7 Student Space includes:
- 24/7 access
- Plenty of natural lighting
- UQU Women’s and Abilities rooms
- Casual study space with a projector, charging outlets and whiteboard
- Vending machines with chargers, headphones and USBs
- A kitchenette with microwaves, a sink and vending machines
- Is metres from the UQ Lakes bus station and the CityCat
- 24/7 self-serve café and vending machines with healthy snacks
If you’ve been hit with an unexpected bill or are going through a difficult time in the lead up to, or during exams the SHOC Welfare service is here to support you. Qualified SHOC Welfare Advocates can help with matters relating to Centrelink, finances and life in general.
24/7 Self – Serve Café
When hunger strikes and you’re stranded with an empty stomach after hours the 24/7 Self- Serve Café is your best bet for a satisfying feed. Restocked daily with super food salads and snacks like zesty guacamole dip and guilt free caramel slice, each meal is made and packed locally in Mt Gravatt.
You can find the 24/7 Self - Serve Cafe in the 24/7 Student Space located next to the Red Room on Level 3 of the Union Complex.
Security is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 day a year at UQ. If you are studying late on campus don’t forget about UQ’s free Security Services:
Download the free UQ SafeZone App
UQ SafeZone is an easy-to-use, location-based application for mobile devices that connects staff and students directly with UQ security officers or emergency services during any type of first aid or emergency situation on UQ campuses and sites, providing the user has mobile phone or wifi coverage.
Download the app
UQ UniSafe Escorts are available on all campuses to accompany you to public transport stations or to university car parks after dark. This free service is available 24/7 for all students and can be arranged immediately.
Call: 1800 800 123
University Safety Bus
UQ offers a free safety bus service Monday to Friday after 6pm at the St Lucia campus. This service runs every 40 minutes and can take you to the designated uni car parks, residential colleges, the main university precinct and throughout the St Lucia suburb. Get a full timetable from the Student Centre or online.
Emergency Contact Number
For all emergencies on campus (including fire, medical emergencies and vehicle accidents), contact security first on 3365 3333.
Full UniSafe details
SWOTVAC & Exam Student Support Stall
Get up, stretch your legs and make the trip to the Biol Science Library for free pancakes, $2.50 barista coffee and $1.50 hot chocolate at the UQU SWOTVAC and Exam Support Stalls running Monday – Friday between 9.30pm and midnight.
Get more details
- 6 Tips For Exam Success
- How To Handle Exam Stress
- Seven Tips for Success This Semester
- SWOTVAC & Exam Support Stalls
- Exams: Frequently Asked Questions