Do you identify as LGBTIQ, are experiencing financial hardship, have demonstrated commitment to the LGBTIQ community and are studying at UQ?
You may be eligible to receive the UQU Queer Bursary to the amount of $750.
This bursary is available to current University of Queensland students identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer. Applications for this round are due Friday 26 September 2014.
Applications are open to any current student at The University of Queensland who will be continuing their studies in 2014, AND who
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer, AND
- Is experiencing significant financial hardship, AND
- Has demonstrated commitment to the LGBTIQ community, AND
- Is committed to their study
Applications will be considered by a Selection Panel comprised of:
- Student Help On Campus Gender and Sexuality counsellor, Mitchell Robson
- Student Help On Campus advocate and Ally Network member, Clare Moseley
- Vice President of Gender and Sexuality for the UQ Union, Kathryn Cramp
Applications, including referee statements will be kept confidential to panel members, however you can request that your application be reviewed by any two members instead of all three if you prefer.
You must attach your references to this application. Applications must be submitted to the Gender and Sexuality counsellor at [email protected].
You can also post or hand deliver applications to:
Level 4 Union Building (Bldg 21)
University of Queensland 4072