Work for UQU
Employment Type: Permanent, Part-time
Commencement: Early February 2017
Location: UQU Food & Beverage Outlets, St Lucia Campus
Hours of work: Minimum 30 hours per week, Early morning/day shifts (must be available Monday – Friday)
About the Role
We are looking for 3 professional and experienced Baristas to join our team at UQU. The role will work under the direction of the outlet supervisors to make all coffee and associated beverages to a high quality standard in a timely manner. We require people who are multi-talented, amiable, considerate and willing to lend a hand in all areas of the outlet as all our teams are committed to helping each other whenever and wherever they can. Applicants must be able to work consistently to the highest of standards, and show an appreciation and in-depth understanding of quality service.
As this is a high-pressure environment, minimum 2 years' experience working in a high volume, fast-paced café environment is a must.
• Making of all coffee and associated beverages (including supplying, dispensing or mixing of coffee, tea, cold drinks and other beverages);
• Taking customer orders and receipt of monies;
• Adding value and generating sales through up selling of food items as required;
• Detailed knowledge of Food & Beverage safety and hygiene standards;
• Replenishing & rotating of stock;
• Ensuring all areas remain clean and tidy (including. drinks/coffee preparation area)
• Polishing and wrapping cutlery;
• Cleaning and maintaining equipment (i.e. coffee machine, grinder);
• General store cleaning in compliance with hygiene and sanitation standards.
Skills and Experience
• Barista skills – ESSENTIAL (minimum 2 years' experience);
• Previous Eftpos and cash handling skills;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene standards;
• Genuine interest in the artistry of coffee making;
• The ability to work in a team and be a team player;
• Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
• 12.5% Superannuation
• Staff reward card
• Flexible working hours
• Join a friendly and enthusiastic team
How to apply
Applications for the role can be submitted via the Seek website. Applications close: Midnight (AEST) Monday 1 January 2017
For further information about the position please contact Clint Wooler, Hospitality Operations Manager on 07 3377 2205 or [email protected] (Please do not email applications to this address).
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend interviews commencing 9 January 2017.
UQU is an Equal Opportunity Employer