On a cold night, a baked potato is a great warm meal option, but no one wants to do all the work for it. That’s why this easy microwave baked potato option is the perfect solution. Pair it with the vegetables as per this recipe or with a salad, or change it up and fill the potato with a meat option for some extra protein. The options are endless, so be creative and enjoy your not only delicious but also budget-friendly dinner!
- 1 potato
- Sour cream
- Frozen vegetables
- Toppings of choice
- Wash the potato thoroughly and pierce a few holes throughout with a fork
- Microwave for 5 minutes
- Flip the potato and microwave for another five minutes
- In a microwave-safe dish, add the frozen vegetables with a splash of water
- Remove the potato from the microwave and microwave the vegetables for 2–3 minutes
- Cut a cross into the baked potato and add in the sour cream
- Add any extra desired toppings
- Drain any remaining water from the vegetables and serve on the side
We hope you enjoy this recipe and take some time over the weekend to take a break from studying to destress and refresh!
Make sure you check out the Baked Potato Recipe Card if you want to download the recipe and try it out later. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Then check out our other Cooking in the Microwave posts here: