Looking for something quick, simple, and satisfies that sweet tooth craving? This french toast recipe will do just that, hitting all those sweet spots perfectly. So get that stale bread ready, it’s the perfect excuse to have a cheat meal breakfast because we’re not about to throw out bread we can reuse, that’s like throwing money down the drain that we don’t have. This breakfast is a true win-win situation, so what are you waiting for?
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- Vanilla essence
- Maple Syrup
- Shred the bread into cubes
- In a second mug, melt the butter and coat the inside of the mug
- Transfer the bread to the mug with butter
- In the empty mug, mix together the egg, milk, dash of cinnamon and splash of vanilla essence
- Microwave for 1 minute and then in 10-second intervals until all the liquid is cooked into the bread
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
Take your meal to the next level and add other toppings such as blueberries, Nutella, or even bacon. You’ve got a lot of breakfasts left in your life so experiment with something different each time, the options are endless!
Make sure you check out the French Toast Recipe Card if you want to download the recipe and try it out later.
Want more recipes like this? Then check out our other Cooking in the Microwave posts here: