Registrations are now open to take part in this annual exhibition. Whether you’ve already created some masterpieces, or you’re looking for a chance to put your artistic skills to the test, we’d love to give you the chance to show off your art so register here now!
We are especially looking for art in the following categories:
- Student Life, for art that captures the life of UQ students
- Pride, for art that celebrates the gender and sexually diverse (Note: the artist does not need to publicly identify as LGBTQI+ to submit in this category)
- Country, for art that portrays the experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at UQ
- Environment, for art that showcases UQ students’ relationship with our planet
- Multicultural, for art that showcases the cultural diversity at UQ
At this stage, we are accepting all 2D artworks (ie. on a canvas or framed).
We are also keen to exhibit video productions. Please get in touch with us if you have ideas that would be suitable for a gallery exhibition.
If you’d like to submit something 3D (like a sculpture), please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may still be able to exhibit these, but space is limited for social distancing reasons, so we can’t accept all of these this year.
Submissions will be accepted until the 25th of August, the Wednesday of week 5.
UQ Union will exhibit a selection of artworks in the Union Hub, Union Complex from the 30th of August to the 3rd of September.
Terms & Conditions:
- The promoter of the art exhibition is the University of Queensland Union, Level 4, Building 21A, University of Queensland QLD 4072.
- By entering, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions as stated.
- Submissions must be original work by a single artist completed in the last 12 months.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Any artwork deemed profane or prohibited will be not be displayed in the exhibition.
- 2D artwork must be ready to hang. Framed artwork must have “D” rings or a wire securely fixed to the back of the frame at 8cms from the top of the frame. Unframed artwork must be mounted on matt board and have large velcro tabs securely fixed to the back of the work. We reserve the right to add extra fitting to the work or exclude it from the exhibition.
- Whilst the organisers will exercise all due care in the handling and protection of physical works, if exhibited, the artist shall be responsible for acquiring any required insurance to cover any loss or damage to the works during the exhibition. The organisers shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- Artists will be responsible for satisfying copyright requirements, should they have quoted or reproduced anything from another source.
- All entrants agree to the use of their name and images of themselves and their art for publicity purposes.
- UQU reserves the right to reproduce and use images of all submitted artwork for promotional purposes.