Towards Rural and Outback Health Professionals in Queensland (TROHPIQ)
TROHPIQ is Queensland’s rural health club dedicated to helping medical, nursing and allied health students experience the unique career and lifestyle opportunities to be found beyond the big town of Brisbane. We established ourselves in 1994 and have been working towards this goal since then. The club serves students at UQ, QUT, ACU, USQ, CQU.
Our goal is for you to experience regional, rural or remote Australia, as you would in your discipline, for a weekend – join us on one of our trips, a week – head to a nationwide conference, a month – do and see amazing things on elective or on placement, a year – at a regional placement for hands-on experience and a lifetime – rewarding work and a lifestyle to match.
What TROHPIQ offers:
– Clinical skills days
– Amazing trips to regional and rural Queensland
– Assistance with organising electives
– Social events – Bowties and Beauties Charity Gala, networking evenings, BBQs and more
– Financial support to attend conferences
– Rural careers information and advice
– Representation to the National Rural Health Students’ Network
– And much more!