The Engineering World Health UQ chapter aims to contribute to EWH's mission to inspire, educate and empower the biomedical engineering community to improve health care delivery in low-income countries.
UQ EWH welcomes all students who are interested in the biomedical engineering field and/or have a passion in humanitarian work. In particular, to those who are studying Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering you also have the option to further expand your interest into the biomedical engineering field. We are dedicated to providing students with the best opportunity to pursue these interests and encourage everyone to learn what biomedical engineering is all about.
UQ EWH believes we have a responsibility to stay true to these top 5 values:
1) Ensuring a scientifically-based and creative educational experience.
2) Leaving the communities in which we work with greater capacity than we found them.
3) Empowering the biomedical community through intercultural exchange.
4) Finding workable solutions through innovation and creativity.
5) Promoting self-reliance and capacity building
We look forward to meeting you at our events.
Academic, Industry Networking, Professional Development, Social