Work for UQU
UQU is the hub of student life at the University of Queensland!
We represent the interests of UQ students and run independent services, events and outlets to enhance your student experience including Student Help On Campus (SHOC); retail, food and beverage outlets; and a fantastic campus culture. As an independent body, UQU represent students on all important university committees to ensure your voice is heard on all university matters.
UQU are looking for a Cleaning Assistant to work with our Cleaning and Maintenance team. In this role, you will be undertaking general cleaning of all UQU areas located at UQ’s St Lucia campus. This role also requires the handling of chemicals and operating cleaning equipment, performing some manual handling and lifting, cleaning of toilet facilities, and cleaning UQU operated Food and Retail outlets. This is a great opportunity for casual work in between your Uni classes and study.
You will have a good understanding of personal hygiene and WHS procedures, additionally you will have a friendly, positive outlook, ability to both autonomously and also as part of a team, have relevant Australian work right and be able to work early morning or afternoon shifts and occasionally weekends.
Apply now by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] using the job reference code #uquCleaning
BAR ATTENDANTS – Gatton Lawes Club
We are looking for passionate people to join our team at Gatton Lawes Club as Bar Attendants. These roles involve bar and drink service and general bar duties including stocktaking and cleaning.
These individuals are passionate about what they do, really ‘get’ customer service, have great attention to detail, work in a fast-paced environment, and willing to lend a hand in all areas of the outlet wherever they can. We do require some experience, in particular:
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Bar experience is essential
- Up-selling of promotion and value add items;
- Amazing Customer Service plus Cash handling / POS experience
- Good WHS and Manual Handling knowledge and practices
- Good knowledge of food and beverage service safety and hygiene.
Apply now by sending an email with a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] using the job reference code #uquGatton
The HR Administrator plays a vital role in supporting the business with across the full range of HR activities. Working closely with the HR Generalist, this varied role involves the coordination and administration of recruitment, onboarding/off-boarding, remuneration, training and development, HR systems, and WHS. This is a great opportunity for a recent undergraduate or someone currently studying Human Resources or related discipline.
You will have strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and the ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality. The role does require some experience, in particular you will:
- Be a recent undergraduate, or currently studying a tertiary qualification in Human Resources, General Business Management or related field.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge in Human Resources, WHS and Business administration.
- Have knowledge of employment and WHS legislation and statutory practices.
- Be proficient in MS Office, with prior experience using HR systems being advantageous.
- Be able to work at minimum of 15 hours each week
If this sounds like you – Please email your Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position addressed to Megan Chalmers, HR Generalist to [email protected] with the reference code #uquHR in the subject line.